I’d like to wish everyone a very happy, healthy and safe New Year!
In the last 2 months of 2021, I attended the following St Anne’s Town Council meetings:
- CAN (Community And Neighbourhood) Group Meeting - 3rd November
- Full Council - 16th November
- Blackpool Road North Project Group - 18th November
- CAN (Community and Neighbourhood) Group Meeting 7th December
I have brought the following Resident's concerns to the attention of the relevant Council Officers:
- Uneven Pavements on Blackpool Road North
- Street Lighting on St Annes Road East
- Trip hazards, caused by tree roots on Ashley Road
- Speeding issues across the Ward
- Dips in various roads, which include Highbury Road East and Folkestone Road
- Fly tipping
I also carried out a Community Survey towards the end of last year, with the aim of finding out the real issues that affect you and your families lives. Many important things were raised with me, in fact there were over 23 specific points, and I aim to take these up on your behalf. I’d like to thank everyone who took the time to complete the survey and I have emailed all those who have provided me with an email address. Fylde Lib Dems will also keep you updated via our Focus leaflets.
I have also been particularly involved in the on-going issue of the development of Blackpool Road North Playing Fields, and you can find the latest update on Cllr Henshaw’s January Diary.
I am on the project group CAN which has been formed to develop Community and Neighbourhood events, such as the September Spectacular and the Christmas Light Switch On, which this year saw Santa visit satellite areas such as the Headroomgate shops. Watch out for more events in 2022 such as the JUBILEE CARNIVAL event which will take place over 4 days in June.
In addition, I am also on the new TEN working group (Town Environment Network), which aims to look at small environment projects e.g. the Wildflower planting on the bridleways at the back of Queensway.
I will continue to represent all your interests on the Town Council, and I look forward to giving you another update in February.
(Cllr Joanne Gardner's Biography can be found here)