I'd like to wish everyone a happy and healthy New Year!
I attended the following Fylde Borough Council meetings at the back end of last year:
- 2nd November 2021: Environment, Health and Housing
- 29th November 2021: Carbon Neutral Group
- 2nd December: Chanukah ceremony
- 6th December 2021: Full Council
- 21st December 2021: Licensing panel
I was made aware of, and progressed, the following Resident's problems:
- Seating at the Cenotaph in Lytham
- Folkestone Road pothole
- Harwich Road patchwork tarmac
- Pavements and trees
- Condition of the Shell garage site
- Proposed totem sign (18ft high and 6ft wide) outside a local shop
In particular I was involved in the on-going issue of the Blackpool North Playing Fields as follows:
- No new Play Area yet but there may be good news before the summer – keep everything crossed!
- There was a proposal to move the Play Area to a site near the road - as it turned out, this would have required Planning permission and meant even more delays. I opposed this option on behalf of the neighbouring residents.
- The toilets in the changing rooms are in dire need of replacement – temporary repairs have not solved the problem. There are also no doors on the showers. Adults and children using these facilities deserve better!
- St Anne's Football Club will be celebrating their 50 year Anniversary this year. The pitches require leveling, fertilising and verti-draining on a regular basis. Let's hope that the pitches, changing rooms and Play Area will be regenerated soon.
I will continue to represent the interests of our Kilnhouse residents and look forward to giving you another progress update in February.
(Cllr Karen Henshaw's Biography can be found here)