Hello, and welcome to an update of what I've been up to in Spring.
In summary, I've attended the following meetings and events on behalf of Fylde Borough Council:
- 2nd March: IT Planning Meeting
- 22nd March: Policing in the Fylde
- 23rd March: Housing for Ukraine
- 29th March: Environment, Health and Housing Committee
- 6th April: Carbon Neutral Group
- 25th April: Full Council
- 26th April: Mayor's Pizza and Prosecco Charity Night
- 1st May: Centenary Anniversary of Lytham St Annes
- 10th May: Blackpool Road North Playing Fields Meeting
- 11th May: Fylde Council Annual General Meeting
- 13th May: Mini Golf Meeting
- 17th May: Coastguard Presentation.
In particular, I have been involved in a number of problems arising in the Kilnhouse Ward as follows:
- Highway Repairs: It's great news that Harwich Road is finally getting re-surfaced.
- Speeding: I have personally raised this with the Police at the meeting on the 22nd March.
- Fly-Tipping at the back of Derwent Road.
- Parking around the Blackpool Road North Playing Fields.
- Progress Housing issues.
- Drug dealing report.
As a member of the Fylde Borough Council's Carbon Neutral Group, I am focused on persuading Fylde Borough Council and Ribble Valley Council to sign up to the Climate Emergency Declaration, which will mean that all 14 Councils in Lancashire will be able to show unity on the matter. Wish me luck!
As to the Blackpool Road North Playing Fields, myself and Cllr Joanne Gardner are overjoyed that the design of the Play Park has finally been agreed and the contractors are now building the elements that will constitute this major renovation which is long overdue. It has been over 6 years since I helped to form the Friends Group which has had the path and benches installed and won an award for the the wildflower areas.
I will continue to represent the interests of our Kilnhouse residents and look forward to giving you another progress soon.
PS. I was lucky enough to be able to go on holiday in early March with my husband Howard and very much enjoyed a trip along a zip-wire!